1. Flush solids into the toilet.
2. Store Give the nappy a quick hand rinse under the laundry tap before storing in a dry nappy bucket. This will minimise staining, cut down on smell and stop potential fabric damage from acidic wee.
3. Pre-rinse Once you have enough nappies for a wash, run your load through a warm pre-rinse cycle in the machine. This gets rid of any excess urine or soiling before the wash cycle.
4. Wash Put your nappies through a normal/long wash cycle up to 60°C, with the amount of detergent recommended by the detergent manufacturer for your load size and water level.
5. Dry Line dry for best results or tumble dry according to manufacturer’s directions.
Welcome to the crazy world of cloth nappies!
When I first started using cloth nappies I was overwhelmed by all the choices and not knowing what was the best option for my family. With all the terminology it can be confusing at first which is why I've explained all the nappy styles you'll find here at Cloth Nappies Down Under.